Water Clarity Problems? High Phosphates? PHOSCLEAR® is the answer!
PHOSCLEAR® - buffered Aluminum Sulfate treatment for phosphate control and water clarity
What is Alum (Aluminum Sulfate)?
Alum is Aluminum Sulfate. This is the most widely used product to treat municipal waste waters for clarity and phosphate control. The Aluminum ions bond with phosphate molecules in the water. The resulting Aluminum Phosphate (AlPO4) is insoluble in water. This precipitate settles to the bottom of the pond and the phosphate is no longer available as a nutrient.
Also, the Aluminum ions act to agglomerate suspended dirt particles leaving the pond water sparkling clear.
What is Phosclear®?
Phosclear® is a powdered version of buffered Aluminum Sulfate. It is the same Alum and buffering agent components found in two-part systems and in some Alum pellets. View our Phosclear® Pond by clicking here!
Answers that will make your water treatment job easier...
Basic Treatment Questions
- How is PHOSCLEAR® packaged?
- Is PHOSCLEAR® safe for fish and aquatic plants?
- How much PHOSCLEAR® is needed to treat a pond?
- How do you apply PHOSCLEAR® to the pond?
- How often do you need to apply PHOSCLEAR®?
- Where do I order PHOSCLEAR buffered aluminum sulfate treatment?
- Click here for more info on Koi Ponds